Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whole30 Tip // Costco Crumbled Bacon


So my #1 question I get lately is about bacon! So here is my official stance: bacon IS listed on the #whole30approved food list, however after several shopping trips and even more googling it's near impossible to find bacon without sugar! What's a girl to do?! I personally use this crumbled bacon from Costco - it's 100% real bacon, naturally smoked and there isn't enough sugar for even a gram to be listed in the nutritional facts chart but in the ingredients list it says "cured with water, salt, sugar" so it's there a little tiny bit! I use a tablespoon or 2 in some meals, I don't eat it every day and I don't have handfuls (ha!) and I feel like this is as good of a choice as I can make and I sleep just fine at night and still feel like I didn't cheat on Whole30 , but some die hards might argue because sugar is listed it's not compliant- I'd rather this than paying $17 for a couple slices you can get shipped to your home! Anyway, who knew I'd have such a strong stance on bacon?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment